Who we are
Our website address is: www.thrivedigital.com.au
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
“Personal Information” is information that can be used to identify, locate, or contact an individual. Thrive Digital collects the following types of Personal Information:
Contact Information. Contact Information allows Thrive Digital to communicate with you. Examples of Contact Information include, but are not limited to, your name, accurate postal addresses, valid email address, or other addresses at which you receive communications from or on behalf of Thrive Digital. Thrive Digital may also request demographic contact information including, but not limited to, your job title, job function, and corporate title.
Transaction Information. Thrive Digital automatically receives and records some information from your browser when you visit the site, such as your IP address, cookies and data about which pages you visit on the site through the use of log files provided by our third-party tracking-utility partners. This information helps Thrive Digital analyse and understand how the site works for users. Information that is gathered includes, but is not limited to, information about how you interact with Thrive Digital, information about how you use Thrive Digital’s Sites, email, other communications, and applications, and how you interact with other users and Thrive Digital business partners.
Mobile Location Information. If you have permitted your mobile or other location-aware device to transmit location data, Thrive Digital collects Mobile Location.
Posted Information. If you chose to post a comment on Thrive Digital’s blog, Thrive Digital may collect information regarding your name and the content of your post. It is important to note that any content you post on the blog is publicly displayed and will be seen by other users of the Site.
Thrive Digital gathers Personal Information in the following ways:
If and when you are prompted and to provide Personal Information (including Contact Information) when you use Thrive Digital or otherwise interact with the Site or contact Thrive Digital.
If and when you contact Thrive Digital via telephone, email, or other methods of communication.
Lawful basis for Thrive Digital’s processing of your Personal Information:
As applicable, the following is the lawful basis Thrive Digital relies on to process your Personal Information:
Legitimate Interest means the interest of Thrive Digital in conducting and managing its business to enable it to give you best service/product and the most optimised and secure interaction. Thrive Digital makes sure to weigh any potential Thrive Digital on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before Thrive Digital processes your Personal Information for its legitimate interest. Unless Thrive Digital has your consent or is otherwise required or permitted to by law, it will not use your Personal Information for activities where the Thrive Digital on your overrides Thrive Digital’s interests.
How We Use Personal Information
Thrive Digital may use Personal Information to enhance to enhance your user experience, to help Thrive Digital better understand you, to help Thrive Digital customise offers, blog topics, or posts that may be of interest to you, and to help Thrive Digital otherwise enhance the Site.
Thrive Digital uses Personal Information to:
- Identify and authenticate users;
- Facilitate transactions;
- Operate and improve the Site;
- Connect with you on social media (such as Facebook, LinkedIn, or Twitter);
- Contact you by phone or email;
- Personalise and continually improve users’ Thrive Digital experience;
- Provide you with suggested information based on variables such as stated preferences, interests, business activities, and/or location;
- Send you technical notices, updates, alerts and support and administrative messages service bulletins, or marketing;
- Evaluate additional services, items, or offerings that may be of interest to users;
- Track transactions and perform other analytics;
- Communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to you about Thrive Digital partners or third parties; and
When and Why Thrive Digital Discloses Personal Information
Thrive Digital will not disclose your Personal Information to third parties without your explicit consent, except as specified in this Privacy statement. Thrive Digital will disclose your Personal Information when:
- Working with companies and service providers (i.e. HubSpot, Salesforce.com, or other companies that process billing, website hosting, or analytics performance in furtherance of the purposes described in Section 3 (“How Thrive Digital Uses Personal Information”) above.
- Thrive Digital employs other companies to perform tasks on Thrive Digital’s behalf and therefore Thrive Digital must share your Personal Information with these companies to provide services to you. Examples include but are not limited to processing payments, handling billing disputes and collections, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance and providing customer service. Thrive Digital may partner with third-party services for fraud prevention and/or identity verification.
- Enforcing Thrive Digital’s rights or protect Thrive Digital property and intellectual property;
- Protecting the rights, property or safety of others, investigate fraud, respond to a government request.
- Thrive Digital believes in good faith that it must disclose such information to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss.
- Thrive Digital believes in good faith that it must disclose such information to commence an investigation or take action regarding illegal activities or suspected fraud.
- Thrive Digital believes in good faith that it must disclose such information per auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions.
- Thrive Digital believes in good faith that it must disclose such information to defend Thrive Digital in litigation or a regulatory action.
- Thrive Digital believes in good faith that it must disclose such information, or advised to do so by law, such as in response to a subpoena, or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts in the United States and other countries where we operate.
Thrive Digital will not sell your Personal Information to third parties unless Thrive Digital is in the process of entering into a merger with another business, acquisition of another business, or the sale of all or a portion of Thrive Digital’s assets and the information is needed to support the sale or transfer of business assets.
This Privacy Statement only governs when and why Thrive Digital discloses Personal Information. This Privacy Statement does not apply to the practices of third parties that Thrive Digital does not own or control, or individuals that Thrive Digital does not employ or manage. The use of your Personal Information by third parties that you access through the Site is governed by the privacy policies of such parties and is not subject to Thrive Digital’s control. Thrive Digital is not responsible for the privacy or security practices of other websites on the Internet, even those linked to or from the Thrive Digital Site. Thrive Digital encourages you to ask questions before you disclose your personal information to others.
Thrive Digital may disclose information about you that is not personally identifiable. For example, Thrive Digital may provide our partners, (such as HubSpot or Salesforce.com), or other third parties with reports that contain aggregated and statistical data about Thrive Digital users.
Personal Information Retention
To determine the appropriate retention period, Thrive Digital considers the type and volume of the information, the negatives that can result from un-permitted access to such information, why Thrive Digital gathers such information and the availability of achieving the goals of such gathering through alternative means.
Tracking Technologies – Indirect Data Collection
Choice and Control
While Thrive Digital does need to gather certain information to make your Thrive Digital experience personalised and to conduct transactions for you, Thrive Digital wants to give you the ability to control how your information is provided and shared.
- Email Preferences. For various reasons, Thrive Digital may contact you about our services or your activity.
- If you would like to decline cooking tracking, you can manage how your browser handles cookies and other tracking devices by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your browser. If accessing Thrive Digital by a mobile device, you may manage the information your mobile device shares, such as cookies, tracking technologies, and location information, by adjusting your mobile device privacy and security settings.
Security of Personal Information
Thrive Digital strives to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, however, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure and therefore Thrive Digital cannot guarantee absolute security of your personal information. Thrive Digital strives to maintain a system that reasonably safeguards Personal Information and has put in place appropriate security measures to accomplish the foregoing.
EU Data Subject Rights
In certain circumstances, you have the following rights under data protection laws in relation to your Personal Information:
- Request access to your Personal Information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the Personal Information Thrive Digital holds about you and to check that Thrive Digital is lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the Personal Information. This enables Thrive Digital to have any incomplete or inaccurate data held about you corrected, though Thrive Digital may need to verify the accuracy of the new data provided.
- Request erasure of Personal Information. This enables you to ask Thrive Digital to delete or remove Personal Information where there is no good reason for Thrive Digital continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask Thrive Digital to delete or remove your Personal Information where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where Thrive Digital may have processed your information unlawfully or where Thrive Digital is required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that Thrive Digital may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to gathering of your Personal Information where Thrive Digital is relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to gathering on this ground as you feel it Thrive Digital on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where Thrive Digital is gathering your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, Thrive Digital may demonstrate that it has compelling legitimate grounds to gather your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of gathering of your Personal Information. This enables you to ask Thrive Digital to suspend the gathering of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want Thrive Digital to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where Thrive Digital’s use of the data is unlawful but you do not want Thrive Digital to erase it; (c) where you need Thrive Digital to hold the data even if Thrive Digital no longer requires it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to Thrive Digital’s use of your data but Thrive Digital needs to verify whether it has overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your Personal Information to you or to a third party. Thrive Digital will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your Personal Information in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for Thrive Digital to use or where Thrive Digital used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where Thrive Digital is relying on consent to gather your Personal Information. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any gathering carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, Thrive Digital may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. Thrive Digital will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
If Thrive Digital is relying on your consent for certain activities, you have the right to withdraw you sent at any time by contacting Thrive Digital at hello (at) thrivedigital.com.au
Privacy Practices of Third Parties.
This Privacy Statement describes the collection, use, and disclosure of information by Thrive Digital through the Site. Thrive Digital utilises third parties to provide services to users and also provides links from the Site to other websites. These third parties may have their own privacy policies and may collect, use, and distribute information differently than Thrive Digital. Thrive Digital encourages all users to read the privacy policies of all third parties.
Thrive Digital Blog
Changes to this Privacy Statement
Thrive Digital may, from time to time, in Thrive Digital’s sole, absolute, and unfettered discretion, update this Privacy Statement to clarify its practices or to reflect new or different privacy practices. Thrive Digital encourages all users to periodically review the Privacy Statement. You are bound by any changes to the Privacy Statement when you use the Site after such changes have been first posted.
Contact Thrive Digital
If you have questions or suggestions, you may contact Thrive Digital by sending an email to hello (at) thrivedigital.com.au